Monday 11 August 2014

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara Review!

Everybody is looking for longer, fuller lashes - aren't they?
Well Urban Decay's new Perversion Mascara claims to do exactly that. Their promise is 'Bigger, Blacker and Badder lashes' and I can second that. I also used the sample version of Urban Decay's Subversion Primer (I'm a big fan of these creamy white primers which thicken lashes).
Below are pictures of my eyelashes before mascara, after using the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara with the Subversion Primer and also a contrast picture of my everyday mascara.

No Mascara.
Everyday Mascara.
Rimmel Scanaleyes Retroglam
Two Coats.
£6.99
Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
and Subversion Primer
One coat primer, two coats of mascara.
£17, Debenhams
TIP: Apply mascara once the primer is dry. Wet primer = clumpier lashes

I do normally curl my lashes because they find it hard to keep a curl. However, I know that not everybody enjoys using eyelash curlers so for the comparison, I didn't curl my lashes. 
The Urban Decay mascara was definitely more black and gave my lashes more volume but I'm not sure if I'm 100% sold on the formula (it seems too wet) and the mascara wand is quite big, making application difficult. I do LOVE this mascara but I think I've tried better, cheaper drugstore/high street mascaras.
I've been blessed with quite long lashes and therefore I think mascara's don't seem to differ. I'm still yet to be blown away by a mascara. But, I have used this one only twice so there is still some time to fall in love with it.


 
The Scandaleyes mascara gives a very natural look to the lashes.
I hate skinny, plastic mascara wands which makes this mascara perfect and it distributes
the product perfectly
This Urban Decay mascara has a much more false lash effect and
has a lot of voluminous power!


Once again, my love for thick, fibre wands has been fulfilled.
Thank you for reading, what's your favourite mascara/top recommended!
Gemma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment