Wednesday 25 June 2014

Summer Sales: Plus Size Fashion Addition.



Hello again!
I recently saw an inspiring photo with the quote "Summer isn't only for size zero" and I take my hat off to its creator. At a size 16/20 depending on where I shop and the cut, I can border on the 'plus size' category. Summer clothing can make bigger sizes feel alienated and fashionable, reasonably priced plus size clothing is my passion. Sure, I could do more to fit into the average size 12/14 but why should I have to? What is 'normal'? And why should I feel the pressure to be thin when I'm happy with the body I have?
Ramble aside and I know some may not find this useful but its a path my blog may take now and again.

Image 3 of ASOS CURVE T-Shirt With Polka Dot and Pineapple Print
Spot and Pineapple Print T-Shirt
WAS £16, NOW £9.50
ASOS
Prints, especially pineapple prints, have exploded this summer, making this t-shirt a great casual addition to your wardrobe and at a minimal price!
ASOS CURVE Exclusive Bikini Pant In Pansy Print
Pansy Print Bikini
ASOS
Top - WAS £18, NOW £10
High waisted bottoms - WAS £16, NOW £9.50
AH, can we take a minute to drool over this bikini. Not everyone is confident enough to wear a bikini, no matter what your size but to me, this is the perfect bikini (I've even ordered this item!). I'm not a fan of halterneck bikini's, bigger boobed ladies will agree when I say that they are not worth the pain and with this two shoulder strap, bra like bikini, with an underwire is pain free and supper supportive. Also, the panelling on the bottoms are a slimming heaven!
Image 4 of New Look Inspire Sleeveless Skater Dress
Sleeveless Skater Dress (two colours available)
New Look Inspire Collection
WAS £12.99
NOW £9
Finding a good skater dress to flatter your shape can be difficult but at £9, who can argue? Summer wardrobe essential! These dresses can be dressed up or down, making multiple outfits from a single dress, bargain for your money.
Image 4 of Club L Plus Size Bodycon Skirt
Daisy Print Bodycon Skirt
CLub L Plus Size
ASOS
WAS £22
NOW £7
Bodycon skirts are super flattering for plus size ladies, accentuating curves whilst holding everything in. I love this kind of skirt whatever the season and therefore an all year round piece which could be paired with thick tights during the winter. SORTED! 
Image 4 of ASOS CURVE Jersey Culotte In Colours
Jersey Colotte
ASOS Curve
WAS £12
NOW £7
After buying similar shorts from Primark, seeing these was a dream - since I can't find anything close to what I already have and its killing me! I've also purchased these for myself and fingers crossed they live up to my expectations, I find shorts very hit or miss!
Image 3 of ASOS CURVE Peplum Hem Cami
Peplum Hem Cami
ASOS Curve
WAS £10
NOW £7
Ooh La La! A lovely twist on an every day jersey vest. I think this item explains itself.

Pink (Pink) Lovedrobe Crochet Contrast Gathered Waist Dress | 312612270 | New Look
Lovedrobe Crochet Contrast Gathered Waist Dress
New Look
WAS £45, NOW £23
This dress would be a perfect dress for an occasion this summer  - wedding, graduation, party. Also, it's such a bargain. This colour would be flattering for all skin tones and suitable for all sizes. You couldn't go wrong.

I hope you have enjoyed these amazing pieces, there are a lot more out there which are equally as great!
Thank you for reading, Gemma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment