Wednesday 4 June 2014

Beauty Travel Essentials.

Hello,
If you've read my previous blog, you will know that I recently travelled to Ibiza for 8 days (if not, check it out!) Travelling can be tough when it comes to beauty: a new climate, sun, melted, squished and smashed products - how do you choose from your collection?
Here's what I took with me to travel, I managed to take the bare minimum and anyway: who wants to spend their holiday applying make-up? Especially when you sunbathe!





This bag certainly makes travelling with make-up a life saver! Its supposed to be for toiletries like shampoo, conditioner and shower gel but the compartments are great to organise your make-up and keep it all together. You can buy these from most places which sell make-up and toiletries, mine was a gift.


Top compartment: brushes and Sleek Contour Kit.
Middle: Foundation, cream eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick, lip cream.
Bottom: moisturiser, face wash, exfoliator, eyecream, primer. 







Most of my brushes are Real Techniques brushes, they're amazing quality and non-expensive: great for beginners. Also, they're a great size to pit in the travel bag pouch so they don't get squashed and the bristles don't get damaged.
I use the top brush (a really old brush from a set which is lasting well and works great) to blend out bronzer and blush if I'm heavy handed and for translucent powder.
Contour brush: self explanatory, used with a matte bronzer to contour cheekbones and jaw.
Buffing brush: for foundation and blending out concealer.
Stippling brush: for blush, both powder and liquid (benefit tint)
Small eyeshadow brush: to blend out cream eyeshadow.




Back to basics.
24 Hour Colour Tattoo
Posie Tint mini
Topshop lip cream in Pout
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair 01
Rimmel Perfect Match Foundation in Light Porcelain
Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 111 Kiss of Life
Red Accessorize Lipstick




Natural Collection Waterproof Mascara
Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara Mini
Porefessional Pro Balm Mini
MAC Prep + Prime 
Soap and Glory Clear Here Skin Perfecter
Benefit Its Potent Eye Cream Mini
Benefit Total Moisturiser Mini
Triple Performing Facial Emulsion with SPF

If I'm honest, I barely used any make-up whilst I was away until the last night when we went out for dinner. On a daily basis, I would cleanse and moisturise my face, apply a light coverage of suncream and then I used some Porefessional and lastly a touch of mascara: our mornings were always a rush too!
I would carry a lipstick in my bag for later when things are less hectic so I could apply a layer to feel a bit more put together as I always feel a bit naked without some lipstick.

Thank you for reading, let me know your travel essentials! Gemma xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment