Wednesday 29 January 2014

January favourites!

Hello and welcome to my first ever post!
First of all, I'd like to tell you a little about myself before I launch you into my world of beauty. My name is Gemma and I'm a uni student from London. I'm very much a beauty and fashion enthusiast and I'm hoping to share my passion with you and my blog will consist of favourites, collections, hauls, first impressions, lookbooks and handy tips and tricks!
This is me... 
                                                       
And I look forward getting to know you!

LETS GO!
Its that time, the end of the month already - where does time go? Its 2014! And of course, floating around are many January favourites whether from blogger's or YouTubers.
To my favourites I'm going to have 4 categories: beauty, skincare, random and film.
So lets start with beauty..

Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick
Shade: 111
£5.49, currently on offer in Boots for £3.99!

I adore the Kate Moss range of lipsticks, I take my hat off to her! Not only are they super pigmented and easy to apply, they rarely smudge or fade. Sometimes my lips are prone to getting dry in this fabulous England weather so I make sure to have a lip balm or lipgloss at hand for this lipstick but since purchased (about 2 or 3 months ago) its been hard to find a red, matte lipstick which compares to this one!

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer
Shade: Light
£4.19
After seeing this so many times on YouTube being reviewed by many beauty gurus such as Sprinkleofglitter and Tanya Burr, I felt it was only right to try it out and I do no regret it one bit! Luckily for me, dark circles aren't really a problem - yet - but redness and breakouts/spots are! I've previously tried MAC concealers but they seem to be too drying and make my skin look unhealthy. This concealer is light, with a full coverage, long lasting and most importantly NOT DRYING! I feel like everyone should go and try this now, its so worth it and LOVE LOVE LOVE!




Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter

Shade: Juicy Papaya  
£7.99

Another favourite lip product of mine! The past two weeks have been a nightmare for my lips, they've been dry and chapped in the morning which isn't a good look for anybody. After exfoliating my lips and leaving some Carmex to sink in, before I leave the house I pop this on and put it in my bag. Lipsticks have been too drying but this Revlon Lip Butter has been perfect! The soft orange/peach colour gives a natural look meaning it can be combined with ANY make-up look and the hydration is the same as a lip balm so that you don't have to worry about chapped lips out in public, hoorayyyy.




Next category, SKINCARE! I've also thrown in some haircare too because hair matters too!

Tea Tree Water - 100g
Lush, £3.95
This stuff is a life saver! Having a break out? USE THIS. I'm prone to terrible breakouts and spots around my chin, they're not constant but when they happen, I know about it and they cluster together, ewww! As soon as I spot signs of this, I use this product after cleansing, morning and night and it takes a day or two to clear up completely. A combination of this Tea Tree Water and Tea Tree Oil or gel from The Body Shop is perfect!

Tangle Teaser Orange
£10.99
I've been lucky enough to be gifted frizzy hair. Gift? Who am I kidding, its a nightmare. I wake up in the morning and birds nest is an understatement, it's so knotty and tangled, it can be so painful to brush. Investing in this tangle teaser makes me wonder why I've never bought one sooner. I did lose it recently and had the biggest strop because I now feel like I don't know what I'd do without it. Pain free, tangle free hair - yes please!
 Aussie Shine and Vibrancy Leave-in conditioner
£4.49
Admittedly, at the age of 19, I've dyed my hair more than humanly necessary. I use a good hydrating conditioner when washing my hair but I still lack that sleek, shiny, healthy look to my hair sometimes, even when I leave it to dry naturally. Once my hair is dry and styled, I spritz some of this spray into my hands, rub them together and distribute evenly through my hair and whoooosh! SHINE! It makes my hair look and feel so healthy and soft and I could talk forever on this product.
Almond Hand and Nail Cream
The Body Shop
30ml £5.00, 100ml £10.00 (both 50% off right now!)
The weather in England is not good for the skin, and my hands especially can get dry. I have tried a few hand creams but nothing that works so well or smells so amazing. It smells like cherry bakewells, who wouldn't love that? And a pea size amount goes such a long way, it lasts forever, making every penny worth it. Say goodbye to dry winter hands and hello to gorgeous hands. Also, before or after a manicure, this rubbed into your cuticles works a treat!

A bit like me, RANDOM. 

The Big Headband, Along Came Betty
Exclusive to Tesco
Around £3
Fed up of trying to tie my short hair up out of my face to put my make-up on or washing my face, I knew I was in need of a big headband. When I was in Tesco, I spotted this pink one with a huge detachable bow for around £3 which I thought was a bargain. Its not too tight, the cloth material makes it great to wash, no hair in my face and it makes my morning and evening routines a lot less fuss-free!

Peanut Butter Oreo's, £6, Tesco
Reeses Pieces, 63p per pack, Tesco
Sun-Pat Choc-a-nut, £2.00
AH PEANUT BUTTER! Not the healthiest of foods or snacks but after discovering my love for peanut butter after hating it as a kid and hating peanuts left me surprised and ever since, an addiction has occured.. These are some of my favourite peanut products this month. Also, with the choc-a-nut spread, if you warm up some milk and stir in a teaspoon of the butter, you have a peanut butter hot chocolate - perfect winter drink!
Butterkist Sweet Microwave Popcorn
£1.99
Another foodie one, popcorn. After watching the popcorn scene in The Croods, I've craved popcorn and loved eating it! This pack has three microwave packs within it and there's nothing better than hot popcorn in your own home which also tastes soooo yummy!

M-M-M-MOOOVIE of the month.


Oh The Hunger Games series, how you've captured my heart. 
I went to the cinema in November to watch Catching Fire and I know that its now January, but from November to January, this series is all I can think about! I'm currently reading The Hunger Games and I'm glued, even if I know the plot, it's gripping. I cannot wait for Mockingjay, to complete reading the book series and buying and watching Catching Fire a million more times!!

Thank you for reading, I hope that you enjoyed this post!
Gemma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment